Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation is currently accepting proposals for a 2017 Cleaning Service Contract. The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals from various organizations, conduct a fair and extensive evaluation based on criteria listed herein, and select the organization who will best serve the needs of Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation.
2. Proposal Guidelines
This Request for Proposal represents the requirements for an open and competitive process. Proposals will be accepted until July 28, 2017 at 3PM. Any proposals received after this date and time will be returned to the sender. All proposals must be signed by an official agent or representative of the company submitting the proposal.
If the organization submitting a proposal must outsource or contract any work to meet the requirements contained herein, this must be clearly stated in the proposal. Additionally, all costs included in proposals must be all-inclusive to include any outsourced or contracted work. Any proposals which call for outsourcing or contracting work must include a name and description of the organizations being contracted.
All costs must be itemized to include an explanation of all fees and costs. Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this RFP. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation’s Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer.
All approved bidders must be able to pass a criminal background check.
3. Project Purpose and Description
Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation is seeking a company to provide the following cleaning services Monday through Friday at BEOF Headquarters located at 555 Kennedy Boulevard as well as at our three (3) Head Start locations at 21 West 8th Street, 557 Kennedy Boulevard, and 7 West 9th Street in Bayonne, NJ:
- As required by federal guidelines, disinfecting and sanitizing surfaces must be done using the proper bleach to water ratio. Soap and water will be used for cleaning. Before sanitizing and disinfecting, cleaning will take place. Director approval is required for any other method of sanitizing and disinfecting.
- All bathrooms including toilets and sinks will be disinfected daily
- Door knobs and cabinet pulls in all rooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily
- Drinking fountains will be cleaned and disinfected daily
- Vacuum carpets as needed
- Empty all trash daily
- Clean glass/windows daily
- Dry and wet mop or scrub all floors as needed
- Dusting where necessary
- Restock hand towels and toilet paper as needed
4. Request for Proposal and Project Timeline
- All proposals in response to this RFP are due no later than July 28, 2017.
- Evaluation of proposals will be conducted from July 28, 2017 until August 18, 2017.
- The selection decision for the winning bidder will be made no later than August 18, 2017.
- Upon notification, the winning bidder will be expected to begin immediately.
All proposals must include proposed costs to complete the tasks described in the project scope. Monthly and yearly pricing should be listed for each of the items in accordance with the project scope.
6. Bidder Qualifications
Bidders should provide the following items as part of their proposal for consideration:
- Description of experience in cleaning services
- List of how many full time, part time, and contractor staff in your organization
7. Contract Term and Compensation:
The contract time period will be for six (6) months starting on September 1, 2017 through March 31, 2018. Because our organization will be relocating beginning on April 1, 2018, this contract will become a month to month agreement until further notice.
8. Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria. To ensure consideration for this Request for Proposal, your proposal should be complete and include all the following information:
- Overall proposal suitability: proposed solution(s) must meet the scope and needs included herein and be presented in a clear and organized manner.
- Organizational experience: Bidders will be evaluated on their experience as it pertains to the scope of this project.
- Previous work: Bidders will be evaluated on examples of their work pertaining to proving cleaning services.
- Value and cost: Bidders will be evaluated on the cost of their solution(s) based on the work to be performed in accordance with the scope of this project.
- Technical expertise and experience: Bidders must provide descriptions and documentation of staff technical expertise and experience.
Each bidder must submit a copy of their proposal to the address below by July 28, 2017 @ 3PM. If you are interested in bidding on the contract, you can schedule a walk through by contacting Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation.
Attn: Mr. Anthony Segarra
Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation
555 Kennedy Boulevard
Bayonne, NJ 07002