Part-Time Cook Assistant
For Pre-School- 30 Hours a Week
- Assist the cook in preparing and distributing meals in compliance with USDA requirements
- Adhere to all guidelines and regulations pertaining to food management as described by USDA
- Prepare, set-up, and cleanup after breakfast, lunch and snack as planned on menus
- Assist with food orders and inventory of supplies
- Participate in meetings and trainings as required by the program
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Cooking experience a plus
- Obtain Food Handlers certification within 90 days of hire
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language -knowledge of Arabic and Spanish a plus
- Clearance required for background, fingerprinting and sex offenders checks
- Physical and PPD clearance required
Submit resume by January 15, 2023 to:
Family and Community Partnership Manager/Full-Time Position
Program: Head Start Reports to: Head Start Director
General Summary: Has primary responsibility for planning, organizing and implementing the Family and Community Partnership service area.
Provide opportunities and support for growth of Head Start families so they can identify their own strengths, needs and interests and find their own solutions.
- Provide oversight to the family intake and assessment procedures to identify family goals and needs related to the family engagement partnership agreements.
- Provide support and supervision to the family workers. Provide orientation for new staff in Family & Community Engagement.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with community partners, to whom families can be referred for services.
- Responsible for family services and community partnerships to include social services, recruitment, child files, volunteers and parent involvement.
- Responsible for all areas of ERSEA including eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment and attendance in accord with the Head Start Performance Standards documenting information into the Child Plus Data System.
- Provide information to parents about the importance of child’s attendance and partner with them, as necessary to promote consistent attendance.
- Engage families to foster parental confidence and skills to promote children’s learning and development to support school readiness.
- Provide training to all parents that have been voted in as Policy Council members. Oversee the voting and membership process. Conduct monthly meetings. Establish Parent Committees and activities including Fatherhood. Arrange for an annual Program Governance training for the Policy Council and the Board of Directors.
- Participate in the Program Self-Assessment, Strategic Plan, Improvement Plan, Planning and the PIR (Program Information Report).
- Assists and ensures parents are provided with opportunities to participate in the program as volunteers.
- Updates the development of the Community Resource Book, the Policy Council By-Laws, the Policy and Procedures Manual and Volunteer Handbook.
- Submit accurate and prompt reports as requested by the center director.
- Participate in Grow NJ Kids team meetings and trainings.
- Support children who are dual language learners and those with special needs
- Assist with the implementation of the school readiness goals
- Perform any other tasks as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Work, Human Services, Family Services, Counseling or related field with a credential or certification in that field. One-year associated experience working with young children and families. One year supervisory/management experience required. Head Start experience preferred. Knowledge of Spanish a plus. A valid Driver’s License required. Ability to pass a health examination, annual TB test, criminal background check, child abuse check and sex offender’s check. Proficient in knowledge of computers.
Full-Time Teacher for Pre-School in Bayonne, N.J.
Complete Benefits Package after 60 -day probation
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Associates degree in Early Childhood
- Proficient in computer skills and access to email and internet
- One year experience in a Pre-K setting
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
- Submit to background checks, physical and mantoux – must be fully vaccinated
- In the event you leave before 4 months of date of hire you will be responsible to reimburse the program for the entire Sign-on-Bonus.
- The Sign-on-Bonus is taxable and all regular payroll taxes will be withheld.
Submit resume to: email@example.com