Please forward your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax directly to (201) 437-2810 or call us at (201) 437-7222. Resumes can also be dropped off at BEOF headquarters located at 555 Kennedy Boulevard in Bayonne, NJ.
Program: Meals on Wheels
The Meals on Wheels Runner, within the scope of work of the organization’s mission and under supervision and guidance from the Nutrition Supervisor, is responsible for meal delivery, performing daily wellness checks for clients, and providing excellent customer service to homebound older and disabled adults in the community.
This position’s major focuses are to:
- Deliver meals to eligible participants in a friendly, caring and timely manner.
- Perform wellness checks on all participants at time of meal delivery. Report any out of the ordinary findings to the Nutrition Supervisor in a timely manner to receive guidance and direction.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma
- NJ Driver’s License
- Clean and safe driving record
- Ability to work holiday dinners; Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Work history that demonstrates reliability, flexibility and excellent customer service
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Strong management skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to encourage teamwork and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Prepare lunch bags to go out for delivery
- Deliver weekly menus and other information as necessary
- Maintain meals at proper temperature
- Clean and maintain Meals on Wheels vehicles (when applicable), hot bags, ice chests, and related equipment and supplies. Return clean equipment neatly to specified areas
- Deliver emergency meals during inclement weather
Status/Hours: This is a part-time position, 9AM – 2PM.
Click here to download the full job description.
Equal Opportunity Employer