Please forward your resume via email to email@example.com, fax directly to (201) 437-2810 or call us at (201) 437-7222. Resumes can also be dropped off at BEOF headquarters located at 555 Kennedy Boulevard in Bayonne, NJ.
Program: Head Start
Reports to: Transportation Manager
- Provide local transportation daily for the Head Start children to and from Head Start
- Provide local transportation daily for shared Head Start/BOE children to and from their BOE School.
- Provide transportation for local outings as requested by any manager.
- Fill out maintenance forms required by Motor Vehicle, and notify the Transportation Manager of any mechanical problems so arrangements can be made for repair.
- Check the first aid kit, fire extinguisher, and other supplies and items on the bus
- Be available to assist in bus inspections.
- Transport lunches to Head Start 2 and 3 daily.
- Transport the mail to the other centers no earlier than 11:30 A.M. (if delivered before that time, then any mail in the bins at 11:30 must be delivered).
- Assist with the setup of bus routes in September.
- Must be able to lift over 15 lbs.
- Must undergo random drug and alcohol testing as required by law.
- Interact with the children and parents reinforcing safety rules.
- Take supplies to Center 3.
- Clean the playground and parking lot.
- Change light bulbs.
- Do small repairs in all buildings.
- Assist with putting away Sysco food orders.
- Put out the cardboard for recycling weekly.
- During inclement weather, put out rock salt in the morning.
- Participate in mandatory bus evacuation drills three times a year.
- Establish a cooperative working relationship between the children, parents and staff to promote school readiness.
- Perform any other duties as required by Transportation Manager and the Director.
- A CDL Class B license with S & P endorsement
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Submit to Background and Fingerprinting checks
Equal Opportunity Employer