In addition to the Weatherization Assistance Program, BEOF offers free residential maintenance for senior homeowners and tenants in Bayonne. This service provides repairs that improve the health and safety of senior citizens and prevent deterioration of their primary home.
To participate, residents set up an appointment for a free home evaluation, and weatherization personnel come to their home and discuss available services, which include the following:
• Minor home repairs
• Replacement or installation of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
• Window repair/caulking
• Weather-stripping of drafty windows and doors
• Shower chair installation or repair
• Hallway banister installation or repair
• Installation of security peepholes in doors
• Fire extinguisher installation or replacement
This free program is available to all tenants and homeowners in Bayonne, N.J., age 60 or over.
How to Apply
Contact the BEOF office at 201-437-7222 or send us an email to schedule an appointment at your home.
Our offices open at 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday, and close at 4:00 p.m. every day except Friday, when we close at 3:30 p.m.