Funded by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, the BEOF Weatherization Assistance Program helps low-income families in Bayonne reduce their energy bills through home maintenance that conserves energy. Qualifying families have a health and safety check performed on heating equipment. The BEOF Weatherization Crew—twice honored with the “Golden Hammer” award as the best in New Jersey—then performs maintenance to improve energy efficiency and make people comfortable in their homes, using only materials that meet both state and federal standards.
Weatherization services may include the following:
• Insulation installation or replacement
• Heating (boiler) replacement and repairs
• Hot water tank replacement and repairs
• Testing of stoves for carbon monoxide, gas leaks
• Refrigerator replacement
• Caulking/weather-stripping for windows and doors
• Indoor air quality testing
• Door replacement and repairs
• Carbon monoxide detectors
• Shower head replacement and repairs
• Installation of energy-saving light bulbs
Applicants must be residents of Bayonne, N.J., who meet income requirements, based on family size.
In addition, disabled American veterans receiving compensation (under certain codes) and families who meet at least one of the following benefits are automatically eligible:
• Food stamps
• Welfare with cash
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
How to Apply
Visit our office at 555 Kennedy Boulevard (between 21st and 22nd Streets) in Bayonne, N.J. Friendly staff members are available to help you complete the applications. You can also call 201-437-7222 for more information.
Our offices open at 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday, and close at 4:00 p.m. every day except Friday, when we close at 3:30 p.m.