Facilities Manager, Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation
The Facilities Manager for Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation (BEOF) is responsible for the security, maintenance, and services of all work facilities to ensure that they meet the needs of the organization and its employees.
This position’s major focuses include:
- Ensure optimal functioning of building systems while assessing the current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of the equipment and other systems in the building.
- Create a schedule and ensure regular evaluation and inspections of the facilities and equipment.
- Ensure that all the equipment in all facilities are working properly.
- Initiate interventions to solve problems in the facilities.
- Develop a system for cleaning, repair and maintenance of facilities.
- Develop back-up or alternative systems for common problems.
- Ensure the safety of the building or establishment from fire, flood and other hazards.
- Initiate an active campaign on safety measures in the building.
- Prepare pertinent records and reports for the safety service division of the institution.
- Recruiting facilities service staff and training them appropriately to ensure competent work output, if needed.
- Maintaining the efficiency and good working conditions of the facilities.
- Evaluate the work quality of his staff and other subordinates.
- Coordinate with other offices and units for things that are not within the scope of the facilities service team.
- Educate the workers of the establishment on the proper use and care of its equipment and other facilities.
- Coordinate with the upper management on work issues.
- Effective verbal communications skills
- Strong management skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills to complete a project.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in a related position
- Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Mental Health and Disabilities Assistant
Program: Head Start
Reports to: Mental Health and Disabilities Manager
Hours: 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
Mental Health Component:
- Obtain classroom observation lists from the teachers of all ten classrooms and all of the managers on a monthly basis.
- Conduct monthly social emotional classroom activities in all classrooms.
- Attend the monthly Mental Health & Disabilities Parent Group Meetings for the parents.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Mental Health Manager and other relevant staff to assure that the component runs efficiently.
- Create flyers, agendas, forms and spreadsheets as directed.
- Conduct monthly general classroom observations on the children.
- Attend any mental health trainings that are held here or outside of the Head Start program.
- Responsible to keep mental health paperwork filed and organized.
- Attend monthly Mental Health-Disabilities Staff meetings held by the Mental Health Manager to discuss component accomplishments for the current month and goals for the following month.
- Make copies of all mental health paperwork and notes that are sent home when needed.
- Help with the children who have behavioral or developmental concerns in the classrooms.
- Responsible for keeping track and completing data entry in Child Plus for Social-Emotional Checklists, Brigance Tests, the COR scores, the Parent Questionnaires, and the Behavioral Screenings.
- Update the mental health portion of the Child Plus program.
- Perform any and all other mental health component duties as required by the Mental Health Manager and Director.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Disabilities Manager to ensure that the disabilities component runs smoothly.
- Attend BBOE CST ID and Eligibility meetings for children who were referred to CST for evaluations to assess need for services.
- Attend any disabilities trainings that are held here or outside of the program.
- Responsible to keep the disabilities paperwork filed and organized.
- Make copies of all disabilities paperwork and notes that are sent home as needed.
- Help with the Bayonne Board of Education Part-Day Inclusion children if they have any behavioral or developmental concerns in the classrooms.
- Update the disabilities sections of the Child Plus program.
- Perform any and all other disabilities component duties as required by the Disabilities Manager and Director.
- Assist the classrooms with fire drills and lock down practices.
- Attend staff meetings and or other staff trainings as required by the program.
- Attend conference call meetings and webinar trainings when necessary.
- Answer the phone and cover the front desk when necessary.
- Participate in all Head Start children’s activities. (Example: Family Fun Day).
- Collaborate with all of the Head Start staff to properly service the children and their families.
- Perform all duties as required by the Director and Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or a related field that works with children.
- Knowledge in social media
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent computer uses and knowledge
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to use minimal
- Excellent communication skills
- Substantial knowledge at creating flyers, agendas, forms, spreadsheets, power point presentations as directed
- Substantial knowledge in Microsoft word, power point, and excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must pass background, fingerprinting and sex offenders checks.
- Complete a physical and a mantoux test.
- Must have a valid NJ driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle daily.
Send resume to Karla Infante at email@example.com.
2021 Request for Proposal Mentor Coach
Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation Head Start Program is currently accepting proposals for a 2021 Teacher Coaching Consultant Contract. The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals from various individuals, conduct a fair and extensive evaluation based on criteria listed herein, and select the individual who will best serve the needs of Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation.
2. Proposal Guidelines
This Request for Proposal represents the requirements for an open and competitive process. Proposals for this position will be accepted until January 8, 2021 at 3PM. Any proposals received after this date and time will be returned to the sender.
Our services focus on creating school-ready children, parents engaged in the lives and education of their children, empowering families to self-sufficiency, and staff who provide high quality services to the children and families whom they serve.
Individuals who meet the necessary qualifications as well as contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this RFP. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by Bayonne Head Start Director, Rosemary Simnowitz alongside Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation’s Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer.
All approved bidders must be able to pass a criminal background check.
3. Project Purpose and Description
Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation Head Start program is seeking an individual who meets the mandated qualifications for a full-time, Teacher Coaching Consultant position, Monday through Friday at all three (3) of our Head Start locations; 21 West 8th Street, 557 Kennedy Boulevard, or 7 West 9th Street in Bayonne, NJ.
This Teacher Consultant must meet the requirements of the new Head Start Program Performance Standards, qualifications in section 1302.91(f), and must implement a research-based coordinated coaching strategy for education staff as described in section 1302.92(c) of the standards. The following components of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing and the assessment of the entire program as well as all staff
- Planning goals and action steps
- Engaging in focused observations
- Reflecting on and sharing feedback about teaching practices
- Ability and willingness to identify teacher strengths, areas of support and to identify who would benefit most from intensive coaching
- Opportunities for teachers to be observed, receive feedback & modeling of effective teacher practices
- Aligning mentor coaching services with program’s school readiness goals and child assessment and CLASS data
- Creating, implementing and reviewing goals for teachers to achieve through the mentor/coaching process
- Express ongoing communication between all managerial staff
5. Request for Proposal and Project Timeline
- All proposals in response to this RFP are due no later than close of business, January 8, 2021.
- Evaluation of proposals will be conducted from December 16, 2020, until January 8, 2021.
- The selection decision for the winning bidder will be made no later than Monday, January 11, 2021.
- Upon notification, the winning bidder must be able to provide references and must undergo fingerprinting, a physical examination and Mantoux screening test as soon as possible.
All proposals must include proposed costs to complete the tasks described in the project scope. Monthly and yearly pricing should be listed for each of the items in accordance with the project scope.
7. Bidder Qualifications
Bidder must meet the requirements of the new Head Start Program Performance Standards.
Teacher interactions in a virtual learning setting and eventually onsite will be observed and mentor coaching services will be provided where applicable. Goals will be set with Consultants and then targeted observations will provide other staff with feedback as well as model high quality teaching practices.
8. Contract Term and Compensation
The contract time period will be for one year starting on January 8, 2021, then the contract will become a month to month agreement until further notice.
9. Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation Head Start program will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria. To ensure consideration for this Request for Proposal, your proposal should be complete and include all the following information:
- Overall proposal suitability: proposed solution(s) must meet the scope and needs included herein and be presented in a clear and organized manner.
- Organizational experience: Bidders will be evaluated on their experience as it pertains to the scope of this project.
- Previous work: Bidders will be evaluated on examples of their work pertaining to providing teacher coaching services.
- Value and cost: Bidders will be evaluated on the cost of their solution(s) based on the work to be performed in accordance with the scope of this project.
- Technical expertise and experience: Bidders must provide descriptions and documentation of staff technical expertise and experience.
Each bidder must submit a copy of their proposal to the address below by January 8, 2021 @ 3PM. If you are interested in bidding on the contract, you can schedule a walk through by contacting Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation.
Attn: Ms. Rosemary Simnowitz, Director
Bayonne Head Start
P.O. Box 1032
Bayonne, NJ 07002
CC: Attn: Mr. Anthony Segarra, CFO
Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation
555 Kennedy Boulevard
Bayonne, NJ 07002
Education & Literacy Assistant for Bayonne Head Start – Part-Time Position
Reports to: Education/Literacy Manager
Education/Literacy Assistant will assume data entry responsibilities, assist in maintaining quality standards in the Bayonne Head Start Education & Literacy program.
- Shall be responsible for data entry for children’s records, COR Advantage Input, daily lesson plans, following assist with the purchasing of materials and equipment, monthly reports and scheduling. Keep all children’s records in strictest confidence. Attend professional development in-service/trainings/workshops offered by Head Start.
- Develop and implement a Literacy Plan for Bayonne Head Start families to include ESL instruction and GED preparation.
- Demonstrate professional level organizational, record-keeping, data entry, written communication skills and computer skills
- Maintain inventory data for all classrooms
- Establish literacy based collaborations with classroom staff, local libraries, local book stores, and a variety of community professionals and organizations as well as employ technology for children in all classrooms.
- Encourage family literacy for the purpose of strengthening children’s positive educational outcomes, and building a thriving community
- Recruit parents, city officials, B.E.O.F. Administrators and Board Members, and community partners including administrators and teachers from local schools, to read to our children each month
- Conduct literacy activities (read) to children once a month (unless an aforementioned volunteer has been secured)
- Complete and submit required reports
- Conduct smooth operation of Bayonne Head Start’s on-site lending library
- Coordinate Annual Family Literacy Night
- Research and implement a range of effective and innovative literacy practices
- Perform routine clerical duties such as data entry, filing, duplicating and prepping all materials as requested by the Education/Literacy Manager.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, pre-service and in-service trainings, and parent education and involvement activities as assigned.
- Scheduling Education/Literacy related events
- Compile and distribute the quarterly newsletter for parents
- AA or BA Degree in early childhood education or related field
- Must pass background, fingerprint and sex offender checks
- Complete physical and Mantoux test
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, adult learners and their families.
- Interpersonal skills (communication, problem solving, conflict management, collaboration) a must Proficient in use of computer software including MS Office and the Internet
- Knowledge of reading, writing and literacy development
- Proficient in the knowledge of how adults learn
- Ability to speak and write English with knowledge of Arabic and Spanish
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently in the performance of job responsibilities
- Order and maintain the literacy books for ESL and GED
- Perform any other responsibilities as required by the Education/Literacy Manager and the Director.
Full-Time Pre-K Teacher for Head Start
- Design and plan the daily classroom program based on the program curriculum
- Create and maintain a supportive classroom environment that is well managed
- Provide individualized classroom experiences that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally, and age-appropriate for the children served
- Implement the development and behavior screenings
- Conduct ongoing observations and assessment activities documenting children’s progress
- Work collaboratively with family members, legal guardians, and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for the children
- Implement sound family practices with the families to extend learning at home and meet attendance expectations working hand-in-hand with the family service staff
- Conduct home visits and parent/teacher conferences
- Assist with individual education plans for each child
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Pass physical examination and provide verification of a TB clearance
- Pass background check, fingerprinting and sex offender screens
- First aid and CPR certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and familiar with Email communication
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood or related field
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year direct experience working with pre-school children
- Knowledge of Arabic and Spanish a plus
Send resume to Gail Lovell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-Time Rental Assistance Intake Clerk
BEOF is seeking a full-time rental assistance intake clerk to assist with the initial evaluation of client eligibility for BEOF program offerings.
This position’s major focuses are to:
- Ensure that qualifying clients are well-served;
- Understand the needs of the Bayonne community;
- Be familiar with the program requirements offered by BEOF;
- Accurately report activities both internally and to government stakeholders
This position reports to the Outreach Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate Degree in social work, real estate or related field;
- 2-3 years’ experience in community development or related field;
- Experience with Data Entry
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field
- Bilingual in Spanish or Arabic
- Knowledge of NJ Landlord Tenant Law
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to interact with clients with empathy and understanding
- Ability to draw valid conclusions that show sound judgment, comprehensive understanding and insight into demanding situations
- Ability to assess and evaluate difficult situations and respond appropriately, effectively and timely to developing concerns
- Ensure that every Bayonne citizen that comes to the BEOF is serviced either at the Agency or is referred to another agency. No person in need should leave the BEOF offices without having a resource to satisfy their needs
- Interview clients to determine eligibility, based on financial need, for BEOF program offerings
- Review applications for compliance with program requirements
- Follow up with clients regarding additional or repeat services
- Enter data and ensure that data, information, and reports are accurate and up to date containing required information as mandated by funding sources
- Ensure confidentiality of all client and staff information
Resumes can be sent to 555 Kennedy Blvd. in Bayonne, NJ or emailed to email@example.com.