Education & Literacy Assistant for Bayonne Head Start – Part-Time Position
Reports to: Education/Literacy Manager
Education/Literacy Assistant will assume data entry responsibilities, assist in maintaining quality standards in the Bayonne Head Start Education & Literacy program.
- Shall be responsible for data entry for children’s records, COR Advantage Input, daily lesson plans, following assist with the purchasing of materials and equipment, monthly reports and scheduling. Keep all children’s records in strictest confidence. Attend professional development in-service/trainings/workshops offered by Head Start.
- Develop and implement a Literacy Plan for Bayonne Head Start families to include ESL instruction and GED preparation.
- Demonstrate professional level organizational, record-keeping, data entry, written communication skills and computer skills
- Maintain inventory data for all classrooms
- Establish literacy based collaborations with classroom staff, local libraries, local book stores, and a variety of community professionals and organizations as well as employ technology for children in all classrooms.
- Encourage family literacy for the purpose of strengthening children’s positive educational outcomes, and building a thriving community
- Recruit parents, city officials, B.E.O.F. Administrators and Board Members, and community partners including administrators and teachers from local schools, to read to our children each month
- Conduct literacy activities (read) to children once a month (unless an aforementioned volunteer has been secured)
- Complete and submit required reports
- Conduct smooth operation of Bayonne Head Start’s on-site lending library
- Coordinate Annual Family Literacy Night
- Research and implement a range of effective and innovative literacy practices
- Perform routine clerical duties such as data entry, filing, duplicating and prepping all materials as requested by the Education/Literacy Manager.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, pre-service and in-service trainings, and parent education and involvement activities as assigned.
- Scheduling Education/Literacy related events
- Compile and distribute the quarterly newsletter for parents
- AA or BA Degree in early childhood education or related field
- Must pass background, fingerprint and sex offender checks
- Complete physical and Mantoux test
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, adult learners and their families.
- Interpersonal skills (communication, problem solving, conflict management, collaboration) a must Proficient in use of computer software including MS Office and the Internet
- Knowledge of reading, writing and literacy development
- Proficient in the knowledge of how adults learn
- Ability to speak and write English with knowledge of Arabic and Spanish
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently in the performance of job responsibilities
- Order and maintain the literacy books for ESL and GED
- Perform any other responsibilities as required by the Education/Literacy Manager and the Director.
Full-Time Pre-K Teacher for Head Start
- Design and plan the daily classroom program based on the program curriculum
- Create and maintain a supportive classroom environment that is well managed
- Provide individualized classroom experiences that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally, and age-appropriate for the children served
- Implement the development and behavior screenings
- Conduct ongoing observations and assessment activities documenting children’s progress
- Work collaboratively with family members, legal guardians, and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for the children
- Implement sound family practices with the families to extend learning at home and meet attendance expectations working hand-in-hand with the family service staff
- Conduct home visits and parent/teacher conferences
- Assist with individual education plans for each child
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Pass physical examination and provide verification of a TB clearance
- Pass background check, fingerprinting and sex offender screens
- First aid and CPR certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and familiar with Email communication
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood or related field
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year direct experience working with pre-school children
- Knowledge of Arabic and Spanish a plus
Send resume to Gail Lovell at email@example.com.
(Seasonal) Full-Time Rental Assistance Intake Clerk
BEOF is seeking a (seasonal) full-time rental assistance intake clerk to assist with the initial evaluation of client eligibility for BEOF program offerings.
This position’s major focuses are to:
- Ensure that qualifying clients are well-served;
- Understand the needs of the Bayonne community;
- Be familiar with the program requirements offered by BEOF;
- Accurately report activities both internally and to government stakeholders
This position reports to the Outreach Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate Degree in social work, real estate or related field;
- 2-3 years’ experience in community development or related field;
- Experience with Data Entry
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field
- Bilingual in Spanish or Arabic
- Knowledge of NJ Landlord Tenant Law
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to interact with clients with empathy and understanding
- Ability to draw valid conclusions that show sound judgment, comprehensive understanding and insight into demanding situations
- Ability to assess and evaluate difficult situations and respond appropriately, effectively and timely to developing concerns
- Ensure that every Bayonne citizen that comes to the BEOF is serviced either at the Agency or is referred to another agency. No person in need should leave the BEOF offices without having a resource to satisfy their needs
- Interview clients to determine eligibility, based on financial need, for BEOF program offerings
- Review applications for compliance with program requirements
- Follow up with clients regarding additional or repeat services
- Enter data and ensure that data, information, and reports are accurate and up to date containing required information as mandated by funding sources
- Ensure confidentiality of all client and staff information
Resumes can be sent to 555 Kennedy Blvd. in Bayonne, NJ or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.