This is a full time, year round position that offers; Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, paid vacation, agency holidays, 12 sick days per year, and 4 personal days per year.
The Early Head Start Home Visitor will plan for and complete weekly, 1.5 hour home visits with families of children ages birth to 3 years, and pregnant women. During the course of these visits, home visitor will provide parent education as well as education to the child within the parameters of the Head Start school readiness goals. Home visitors will also plan for and complete group socializations twice per month to encourage social interaction with children on the caseload. The caseload per visitor is at an average of 10 – 12 children.
Provide families with assessments and link them to community services and resources. Develop and maintain professional working relationships with families, partners, co-workers and supervisors. (Full position description will be shared with applicants selected for in-person interviews.
Please fax your resume to (201) 437-0416 or email it to email@example.com.
Successful candidates will hold:
- An Associate’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Family/Parent Education or Human Services with a focus on education, and 1 year (minimum) of teaching experience, and/or an Infant/Toddler CDA and 1 year (minimum) of teaching experience,
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License
- An Associate’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Family/Parent Education, or related field of study Human Services with a focus on education, and 1 year (minimum) of teaching experience, and/or an Infant/Toddler CDA and 1 year (minimum) of teaching experience,
- Experience working with expectant women and/or families with infants and toddlers and linking them to appropriate services
- Working knowledge of community resources
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strongly prefer proficiency in Arabic and/or Spanish, as well as English
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds, reach above shoulder level, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, sit on floor, climb stairs, kneel, balance and push/pull
- Must pass background, fingerprint and sex offender checks
- Complete physical and Mantoux test