Meals on Wheels Driver for Bayonne Economic Opportunity Foundation
The Meals on Wheels Driver, within the scope of work of the organization’s mission and under supervision and guidance from the Nutrition Supervisor, is responsible for meal delivery, performing daily wellness checks for clients, and providing excellent customer service to homebound older and disabled adults in the community.
This position’s major focuses are to:
- Deliver meals to eligible participants in a friendly, caring and timely manner.
- Perform wellness checks on all participants at time of meal delivery. Report any out of the ordinary findings to the Nutrition Supervisor in a timely manner to receive guidance and direction.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma
- NJ Driver’s License
- Clean and safe driving record
- Ability to work holiday dinners; Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Work history that demonstrates reliability, flexibility and excellent customer service
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Strong management skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to encourage teamwork and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Prepare lunch bags to go out for delivery
- Deliver weekly menus and other information as necessary
- Maintain meals at proper temperature
- Clean and maintain Meals on Wheels vehicles (when applicable), hot bags, ice chests, and related equipment and supplies. Return clean equipment neatly to specified areas.
- Deliver emergency meals during inclement weather
Status/Hours: This is a part-time position, 9AM – 2PM
Site-Supervisor/Education & Literacy Coordinator for Bayonne Preschool
Reports to: Education/Literacy Manager and BOE- Preschool PEEA Program
Description: The Site-Supervisor/Education/Literacy Coordinator will assume data entry responsibilities, assist in maintaining quality standards in the Bayonne Head Start Education Service Area, and insure the requirements of the PEEA and Bayonne Head Start Literacy program are met.
Site supervisor shall be responsible for the daily site operations of the two classrooms in the PEEA Program including activities, attendance monitoring, children’s records, COR Advantage Input, daily lesson plans, following ECERS-3 requirements of the setup of the classroom, purchasing of materials and equipment, monthly reports and scheduling. Keep all children’s records in strictest confidence. Attend professional development in-service/trainings/workshops offered by the District.
- Serve as coordinator of the Bayonne Head Start Literacy Program
- Oversee two classrooms
- Demonstrate professional level organizational, record-keeping, data entry, written communication skills and computer skills
- Maintain inventory data for all classrooms
- Develop and implement a Comprehensive Literacy Plan for Bayonne Head Start families to include ESL instruction and GED preparation.
- Establish literacy based collaborations with classroom staff, local libraries, local book stores, and a variety of community professionals and organizations as well as employ technology for children in all classrooms.
- Establish Memorandums of Understanding with local elementary schools that receive Head Start children to insure the Bayonne Head Start School Readiness Goals are met
- Encourage family literacy for the purpose of strengthening children’s positive educational outcomes, and building a thriving community
- Recruit parents, city officials, B.E.O.F. Administrators and Board Members, and community partners including administrators and teachers from local schools, to read to our children each month
- Conduct literacy activities (read) to children once a month (unless an aforementioned volunteer has been secured)
- Complete and submit required reports
- Conduct smooth operation of Bayonne Head Start’s on-site lending library
- Coordinate Annual Family Literacy Night
- Research and implement a range of effective and innovative literacy practices
- Attend monthly supervision meetings
- Perform routine clerical duties such as data entry, filing, duplicating and prepping all materials as requested by the Education/Literacy Manager.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, pre-service and in-service trainings, and parent education and involvement activities as assigned.
- Scheduling Education/Literacy related events
- Compile and distribute monthly calendars and the quarterly newsletter for parents
- BA Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Must pass background, fingerprint and sex offender checks
- Complete physical and Mantoux test
- Minimum 1 year of qualifying experience as a literacy coordinator/assistant
- Minimum 1 year of preschool classroom experience
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Ability to speak and write English/Arabic or English/Spanish fluently preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, adult learners and their families.
- Interpersonal skills (communication, problem solving, conflict management, collaboration) a must Proficient in use of computer software including MS Office and the Internet
- Knowledge of reading, writing and literacy development
- Proficient in the knowledge of how adults learn
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently in the performance of job responsibilities
- Order and maintain the literacy books for ESL, and GED
- Perform any other responsibilities as required by the Education/Literacy Manager, the Director and the BOE Preschool PEEA Program
Send resume to BEOF – PO Box 1032 Bayonne, N.J. or fax your resume to (201) 437-0416 or email it to email@example.com.