Site-Supervisor/Education & Literacy Coordinator for Bayonne Preschool
Reports to: Education/Literacy Manager and BOE- Preschool PEEA Program
Description: The Site-Supervisor/Education/Literacy Coordinator will assume data entry responsibilities, assist in maintaining quality standards in the Bayonne Head Start Education Service Area, and insure the requirements of the PEEA and Bayonne Head Start Literacy program are met.
Site supervisor shall be responsible for the daily site operations of the two classrooms in the PEEA Program including activities, attendance monitoring, children’s records, COR Advantage Input, daily lesson plans, following ECERS-3 requirements of the setup of the classroom, purchasing of materials and equipment, monthly reports and scheduling. Keep all children’s records in strictest confidence. Attend professional development in-service/trainings/workshops offered by the District.
- Serve as coordinator of the Bayonne Head Start Literacy Program
- Oversee two classrooms
- Demonstrate professional level organizational, record-keeping, data entry, written communication skills and computer skills
- Maintain inventory data for all classrooms
- Develop and implement a Comprehensive Literacy Plan for Bayonne Head Start families to include ESL instruction and GED preparation.
- Establish literacy based collaborations with classroom staff, local libraries, local book stores, and a variety of community professionals and organizations as well as employ technology for children in all classrooms.
- Establish Memorandums of Understanding with local elementary schools that receive Head Start children to insure the Bayonne Head Start School Readiness Goals are met
- Encourage family literacy for the purpose of strengthening children’s positive educational outcomes, and building a thriving community
- Recruit parents, city officials, B.E.O.F. Administrators and Board Members, and community partners including administrators and teachers from local schools, to read to our children each month
- Conduct literacy activities (read) to children once a month (unless an aforementioned volunteer has been secured)
- Complete and submit required reports
- Conduct smooth operation of Bayonne Head Start’s on-site lending library
- Coordinate Annual Family Literacy Night
- Research and implement a range of effective and innovative literacy practices
- Attend monthly supervision meetings
- Perform routine clerical duties such as data entry, filing, duplicating and prepping all materials as requested by the Education/Literacy Manager.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, pre-service and in-service trainings, and parent education and involvement activities as assigned.
- Scheduling Education/Literacy related events
- Compile and distribute monthly calendars and the quarterly newsletter for parents
- BA Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Must pass background, fingerprint and sex offender checks
- Complete physical and Mantoux test
- Minimum 1 year of qualifying experience as a literacy coordinator/assistant
- Minimum 1 year of preschool classroom experience
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Ability to speak and write English/Arabic or English/Spanish fluently preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, adult learners and their families.
- Interpersonal skills (communication, problem solving, conflict management, collaboration) a must Proficient in use of computer software including MS Office and the Internet
- Knowledge of reading, writing and literacy development
- Proficient in the knowledge of how adults learn
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently in the performance of job responsibilities
- Order and maintain the literacy books for ESL, and GED
- Perform any other responsibilities as required by the Education/Literacy Manager, the Director and the BOE Preschool PEEA Program
Send resume to BEOF – PO Box 1032 Bayonne, N.J. or fax your resume to (201) 437-0416 or email it to email@example.com.
(Seasonal) Full-Time Rental Assistance Intake Clerk
BEOF is seeking a (seasonal) full-time rental assistance intake clerk to assist with the initial evaluation of client eligibility for BEOF program offerings.
This position’s major focuses are to:
- Ensure that qualifying clients are well-served;
- Understand the needs of the Bayonne community;
- Be familiar with the program requirements offered by BEOF;
- Accurately report activities both internally and to government stakeholders
This position reports to the Outreach Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate Degree in social work, real estate or related field;
- 2-3 years’ experience in community development or related field;
- Experience with Data Entry
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field
- Bilingual in Spanish or Arabic
- Knowledge of NJ Landlord Tenant Law
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to interact with clients with empathy and understanding
- Ability to draw valid conclusions that show sound judgment, comprehensive understanding and insight into demanding situations
- Ability to assess and evaluate difficult situations and respond appropriately, effectively and timely to developing concerns
- Ensure that every Bayonne citizen that comes to the BEOF is serviced either at the Agency or is referred to another agency. No person in need should leave the BEOF offices without having a resource to satisfy their needs
- Interview clients to determine eligibility, based on financial need, for BEOF program offerings
- Review applications for compliance with program requirements
- Follow up with clients regarding additional or repeat services
- Enter data and ensure that data, information, and reports are accurate and up to date containing required information as mandated by funding sources
- Ensure confidentiality of all client and staff information
Resumes can be sent to 555 Kennedy Blvd. in Bayonne, NJ or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.